Thursday, April 24, 2008

Popping my blogging cherry...

So, this is my first blog... Melissa suggested it, and I did it. I know, the title is crass, but so am I. It was kind of neat setting it all up. I picked my "title" b/c, hell, most of the time I don't know who I really am. Today, I'm a lonely, depressed Army wife that just sent her hubby off to war... again. Sucks. I've been on the couch all day, and have to become Mommy Terri in just a moment to go pick up little man. I'm so not in the mood to pick him up. I just want to stay on my own for the whole day. Then tonite, I have to be Social Terri, and host my monthly book club. I didn't even read the book this month...

I actually picked the Scribe background b/c I used to be called the "Scribe" in the Army during one of my positions.. THAT was a crappy job. I still can't believe that I was actually in the Army for eight years. I guess that was the Army Terri. Speaking of Army Terri, the Army keeps calling me to report. I keep blowing them off b/c there is no way in HELL I'm going back, now that I have an 18 mo. old. If I was kid free, then sure, why not...

Well, I'm no longer a virgin blogger. Now, if I could just copy and paste this into my REAL journal...

7 comments:

Mel said...

YAY! Glad you started one...it is addicting...I think that it is my "myspace" :-) I never could get into myspace but I have been addicted to reading everyone's blogs...I think that you will really like it..sorry Chris had to go back :-( We will have fun at Bon Jovi though!!

Drena said...

Hello, friend Terri! Look forward to reading about you.

m said...

Hey Terri! Glad Melissa talked you into starting a blog. I am going to have to link you on my page! Think you made a comment in Athens about being the only mom with dark hair and really light highlights at the front... One of the mom's from Caroline's class has the same hair color thing going on and she too is way fun!

Mollypants said...

Wait is this the former Terri S...ler? (don't want to show your whole name)...if so, hi, your pledge sister (I think we were the only two who made it all the way through?) here!
As for sending the husband back...I'm sorry, I sent my ex over last February...deployment sucks all around, for the family too!

Terri said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies! Great idea on daily blogs, and like Drena said, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. Meghan, so glad I'm not the only multi-colored hair mom out there!! heehee Molly -- Pledge Class Spring 1998 ROCKS!! ;)

Mollypants said...

thaaanks!
How long is your husband supposed to be deployed? I don't know if I should ask that though, it may jinx it, as you know, the minute you think you know anything...
BOHICA.
I'm actually fixin' to write about that whole experience with sending Levi over there...I used to have a theory - they had this whole pomp and circumstance about how army wives/girlfriends/etc had a duty to stay faithful (which I was) and that in the long run "the safety of the country depends on your soldier's morale"...I read that and wanted to write back and say that they needed to start issuing us...well, it's probably not tasteful enough for viewers here, but feel free to holler if you want to bitch about it.
if you're on AIM, you can get me at molly11180.

Carrie Davis said...

Hey Terri, great blog!! Keep it up! So sorry about sending the hubby back to war. I can't imagine what you are going through - you are a wonderful mom!