Friday, April 25, 2008

You can take the girl out of the trailer park...

.... but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl! As most of you know, I grew up in trailer parks and "government" housing until my parents bought a double-wide trailer in BFE at the beginning of my high school years. I'm starting to get a little concerned about my crassness and lack of filter when trash just seems to spew from my mouth. There have been more than a few occasions when I've embarrassed my own hubby with my "bluntness". Of course, I blame my upbringing for my behavior, b/c it you meet my mom (who is only 44), you would COMPLETELY understand.

Honestly, I think a LITTLE bluntness is a good thing. And my ability to talk like a soldier helped out during my Army years, but I'm not a soldier anymore! I'm a wife of a guy that is going to be a Major in the Army in a year, and most importantly, a mother. I'm thinking that I need to start acting like a "lady" now so that in Hawaii, when I'm hosting an Officer's Wife Social, I'm not offending/embarrassing my guests... this could be difficult. I'm thinking I should have paid more attention during the sorority years to my more lady-like sisters... I'm sucking here...

Maybe I can just be blunt/crass/crude on my blog and work on containing myself in public... we'll see, I suppose... either way, tonight is not the night to be acting like a lady. I have to go take some pictures of myself to send to Chris, and the less lady-like, the better! See... there I go again!

5 comments:

Mollypants said...

I am definitely the LAST person who should be talking about self-control, internal monologue, impulse control, etc. But you always seemed to be well-mannered and lady-like to me! I read "What Would Jackie Do?" about Jackie Kennedy and came to the conclusion that if she weren't so pretty, she'd be considered boring. Me? I tend to favor the quote "Well-behaved women rarely make history."

Mel said...

your crassness doesn't bother me....just do what I do and anytime someone acts like something you do is wrong or bad, say "it is part of my charm" how can you argue with that? and it is kinda true...I do it all the time.

Drena said...

You always keep it real and you have to admire that. :0) Sometime I sensor the real me until I know people a little better so they don't think i am a dumbass immediately. I let them learn that over time.

m said...

I never feel you are offensive, just real! The people who don't censor are the most fun!

Terri said...

You guys are great encouragements for to keep up my "attitude"! :)