Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Well, it's Mother's Day, and the day you're suppose to feel the most appreciated, I felt very un-appreciated! Hmph! Just one of those downer days. Jackson decided to act out the terrible two's a few times, and I tried out this newfound attitude of his at a restaurant... BIG mistake. All is well though b/c he gave me good kisses and hugs before bed, and even better, he went down without a peep or protest! He knew Mommy needed a break.

Talked to Chris. He's well. I was slightly icy with him b/c he didn't get me anything. Granted, he's in Iraq, so I tried to be understanding, but you can't hide those deep down disappointment feelings. He said he sent a card, but no such luck yet. I feel bad for being so standoffish to him, but he'll get over it. Always does! ;)

Had a crazy week. My mom came to visit for a couple of days. That was nice, but I was ready for her to go when she finally went. Visited the MIL yesterday (Mother In Law), and that was good. Saw my Grandma today. I think I've been visiting too many people! I'm kind of a "private" person, and too much socializing can put me in a foul mood. Pitiful!

I'm really looking forward to getting back into my normal routine tomorrow. Hoping that it gets me out of this rut. I hate feeling like all of my posts are so damn depressing! I did run 4.5 miles on Thursday... that's something not so depressing. Proud of myself... trying to get my long run up to 9 miles once a week. We shall see...

Now... back to Mary Poppins!

2 comments:

Drena said...

Happy Mother's day to you~!

m said...

Congrats on the running! Sorry about your Mother's Day.